Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hard Times

Hey readers! It's been a few days since I've blogged. It got really busy for me on Thursday. I got a call about a potential job offer and had to rush around to get some things done. But in the meantime, it's been a little bit of a struggle over here. I haven't pulled, but the urge has become increasingly hard to fight over the past few days. Especially today and yesterday. I took off the wig that I wear, just like I do every day, and found a little bump on the side of my head, with a tiny strand sticking from it. I've been thinking about pulling that strand since I felt it there. It's been on my mind but I am doing a pretty good job at leaving it alone. Today it was a scab. And I found another little sore spot. It's taking everything for me not to pull. But as much as I want to pull, I want to be normal more. I want so badly to be able to not worry about my wig flying away on a roller coaster or slipping off in the pool. So I'm using the strength that I know I have. I know that if I could go this many days, then one more should be a piece of cake. It's also helping to be more honest about my urges with the people who care about me. I know they just want to help. And I do need it. But people can only help if you 're honest and open about needing help. I'm learning that even though it may make me feel bad sometimes, my mom just wants to help me. That makes me feel good. I just can't stop thinking about that one tiny stand smh. (I also am thinking from observing that periods have no effect on urges, but I'll keep observing ).

I also noticed that I've been under more stress the past few days also, im not sure yet if that's the reason for the increased urges, but it's very possible given the timing. But I won't let stress or trich get to me. I'm a fighter, and I refuse to give in. 
Once again, thanks for reading. Stay strong you guys! Don't let trich win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment